I always have a hard time getting good Resources like sounds, graphics etc. for my games or other apps and since I really suck at creating graphics that are more complex than some rectangles or circles, I'm always looking on the internet to find some free resources and I thought I'd just share my list of sites with (free) resources with you:
- http://www.soundsnap.com/ (if you have an old account you can download 5 sounds per month for free)
- http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html (8 Bit Sound-Editor)
- for Mac: http://thirdcog.eu/apps/cfxr
- http://www.lostgarden.com/2007/05/dancs-miraculously-flexible-game.html (I'm using this for my current project)
- http://www.turbosquid.com (just set the price range to 0)
My Name is Dennis Franke and I'm currently living in Braunschweig, Germany and I study Computer Science at the TU Braunschweig.
In my free time I enjoy programming most of the time in Java or Objective-C and working on some new App-Ideas.
I'm planning for this Blog to write a little bit about the Progress of my current Projects (you can already see a sneak peek on my current project on the right) and also, if I'm stuck at a problem for a pretty long time, write a tutorial about it afterwards, so you don't have to suffer like I did.
Anyway, since I don't know what else to say in my first post I'll just leave it like this and will hopefully write pretty soon about my current Project.